SEO: Or following in Google’s footsteps
How do you get ranked highly by Google?
By being like Google!
Google likes companies and websites that reflect Google’s vision.
All the algorithm updates have just been attempts to eliminate the SEO hocus pocus rituals that weren’t in line with Google’s genuine intentions.
So is Google playing God on the internet?
Let’s examine the evidence. There are 10 Commandments in the Bible. Google has ’10 things we know to be true’.
What are the 10 things that Google holds to be self-evident?
1. Focus on the user and all else will follow.
2. It’s best to do one thing really, really well.
3. Fast is better than slow.
4. Democracy on the web works.
5. You don’t need to be at your desk to need an answer.
6. You can make money without doing evil.
7. There’s always more information out there.
8. The need for information crosses all borders.
9. You can be serious without a suit.
10. Great just isn’t good enough.
Business owners, take a look at your online presence. Does your website or your business fundamentals reflect the 10 virtues of Google?
OK, let’s say your business puts people first and you abstain from evil, now are you outsoursing your SEO? If you are, does the SEO company abide by the same lofty ideals that Google operates under?
If your online marketing is outsourced and whoever you’ve outsourced to is not a practitioner o the Google mantra, you’re not going to do well with Google.
Google can smell a phony a mile away. That’s what they’ve been working on for years.
Those algorithm upgrades? Those are just phony detection and elimination prrocedures.
To do right by Google, be like Google.
May the force be with you.